Topevid: Unique Antioxidant Combination with Evidence-based Active Ingredients
Topevid is a combination containing three antioxidant ingredients with impressive clinical evidence: Pycnogenol , Q10 , and selenium .
Active ingredients in one capsule : 25 mg Pycnogenol, 50 mg Q10 (ubidecarenone Kaneka ), 75 mcg selenium ( from SelenoExcell High Selenium Yeast). Dosage: 1-2 capsules per day. 30 capsules in a box.
A Promising Triad
Active Ingredients in Topevid
Water-soluble + fat-soluble + essential antioxidant
Pycnogenol: nature's superantioxidant, water-soluble
Pycnogenol is a water-soluble antioxidant of the French pine bark extract. One of the best known and researched natural materials in the world. Vasodilator, anti-inflammatory, reduces vascular permeability (1)
Q10: Energy-producing, fat-soluble antioxidant
Q10 is a fat-soluble vitamin-like compound. Antioxidant enzyme which is essential for energy production and optimal functioning of cells. (2)
Selenium: essential trace element, essential antioxidant (3)
Selenium plays a decisive role in the antioxidant protection of our body, strengthens the immune system and helps prevent the development and progression of cancer through several mechanisms of action. (3)
Complementary or common mechanisms of action
Landmark Clinical Results
CoQ10 + selenium: 55% reduction in cardiovascular mortality in elderly people
The 55% reduction in cardiovascular mortality (in elderly people) is comparable, if not superior to the best results ever achieved by synthetic drugs. Unlike synthetic drugs, CoQ10 + selenium produced no clinically relevant side effects (4)
CoQ10: 50% reduction in total mortality in heart failure
After more than a decade CoQ-10 is the first therapy to improve survival in heart failure. (5)
Selenium: 50% reduction in cancer mortality in cancer patients
Total mortality -17%, cancer mortality – 50%, new onset of cancer – 37%, new onset of lung cancer -46%, new onset of colorectal cancer -58%, new onset of prostate cancer – 63% (6)
An Outstanding Example of Synergistic Effects
Effects in similar patient population (mild-to-moderate heart failure)
- Q10: NYHA class improvement in 14% of patients , ejection fraction (EF) + 4.5%-points , Karnosky-index + 5.5 points 7
- Q10 + Pycnogenol: NYHA class improvement in 28% of patients, ejection fraction (EF) + 8.8%-points, Karnosky-index + 11.5 points 8
Why is TopEvid Special?
- Three classic, standard natural active ingredients
- Pycnogenol: Nature’s Superantioxidant
- Q10 Kaneka: the only yeast-fermented CoQ10 (closest to the one synthetized in human body)
- SelenoExcell ® selenium yeast: Gold Standard Clinical Research (National Cancer Institute, USA)
- All three active ingredients hold self-affirmed GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status
- All three active ingredients are manufactured as perGMP (Good Manufacturing Practic) standards.
Who Could Benefit Most from Topevid?
The right side menu summarizes the evidence from clinical studies with the components (as monotherapy or in combination). Based on clinical results and experience, Topevid may be a valuable alternative/add-on therapy in :
- borderline hypertension (when medical treatment is not needed yet, or standard antihypertensive drugs cause side effects)
- hypertension and consistently high oxidative stress (eg. diabetes, renal impairment) .
- endothelial dysfunction (early stage before manifestation of the heart disease)
- heart failure
- male fertility problems (all three components effective as monotherapy)
- gingivitis (all three components efffective as monotherapy)
- Kiss I, Tavaszy M,Farsang C.. Pycnogenol a klinikai gyakorlatban. LAM (Lege Artis Medicinae) 21. évf.10. sz., 2011. október: 621–626.
- Coenzyme Q10. Monograph. Alternative Medicine Review 2007 vol. 12 nr. 2
- Rayman M. Selenium and human health. Lancet 2012; 379: 1256–68
- Alehagen U és mtsai. Cardiovascular mortality and N-terminal-proBNP reduced after combined selenium and coenzyme Q10 supplementation: A 5-year prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens.Int J Cardiol 2013; 167(5),1860-1866
- Mortensen SA és mtsai.. The effect of coenzyme Q10 on morbidity and mortality in chronic heart failure. Results from the Q-SYMBIO study. Presented at Heart Failure Congress 2013 Final Programme Number 440.
- Clark LC és mtsai. Effects of selenium supplementation for cancer prevention in patients with carcinoma of the skin. A randomized controlled trial. Nutritional Prevention of Cancer Study Group. JAMA 1996 Dec 25; 276(24):1957-63.
- Belcaro G. Supportive treatment with coenzyme Q10 in heart failure: The Irvine Labs Study on Heart Failure in Vascular Patients. Angeiologie Sommaire 2010;62(1):7-14.
- Belcaro G, et al. Investigation of Pycnogenol in combination with coenzymeQ10 in heart failure patients (NYHA II/III). Panminerva Med 2010;52(2Suppl1):21-5.