Topevid Capsule with Pycnogenol, Q10, and Selenium
4,763 Ft , 3,750 Ft excl. VAT
Topevid: Synergy of Three Evidence-Based Antioxidants
Food supplement capsules with Pycnogenol, Q10, and selenium
25 mg Pycnogenol, 50 mg Co-enzyme Q10, 75 mcg selenium per capsule
Unique Antioxidant Combination with Evidence-Based Active Ingredients
Evidence-based Active Ingredients
Water soluble + fat-soluble antioxidant + essential antioxidant
Pycnogenol is a water-soluble antioxidant extract from the French maritime pine bark. It is one of the most throroughly researched natural ingredients in the world. The main mechanisms of action of Pycnogenol include vasodilation, anti-inflammatory effects, and reduction in permeability of blood vessel walls). 3
Q10 is a fat-soluble vitamin-like compound.This antioxidant enzyme is essential for energy production and optimal functioning of the cells.4
Selenium has numerous effects and provides extensive health benefits which are unique in the world of minerals. It plays a key role in the antioxidant protection of the human organism, strengthens the immune system through several mechanisms of action, and can help prevent cancer.5
Common or Complementary Mechanisms of Action
- The enzyme which regenerates Q10 is selenium-dependent
- Both Pycnogenol and Q10 stimulate the production of nitric oxide (NO)
- Both Q10 and selenium may reduce the side effects of statin-type cholesterol reducer drugs
Landmark Clinical Results
CoQ10 + selenium: 50% reduction in cardiovascular mortality in elderly people
- The 50% reduction in cardiovascular mortality is comparable to the best results achieved achieved by synthetic drugs. Unlike synthetic drugs, CoQ10 + selenium produced no clinically relevant side effects. 6
CoQ10: 50% reduction in mortality in heart failure
- After more than a decade CoQ-10 is the first therapy to improve survival in heart failure 7
Selenium: 50% reduction in cancer mortality in cancer patients
- Total mortality -17%, cancer mortality – 50%, new onset of cancer – 37%, new onset of lung cancer -46%, new onset of colorectal cancer -58%, new onset of prostate cancer – 63% 8
An Outstanding Example of Synergistic Effects
Effects in similar patient population (mild-to-moderate heart failure)
- Q10: NYHA class improvement in 14% of patients , ejection fraction (EF) + 4.5%-points , Karnosky-index + 5.5 points 9
- Q10 + Pycnogenol: NYHA class improvement in 28% of patients, ejection fraction (EF) + 8.8%-points, Karnosky-index + 11.5 points 10
Why is TopEvid Special?
- Three classic, standard natural active ingredients
- Pycnogenol: Nature’s Superantioxidant
- Q10 Kaneka: the only yeast-fermented CoQ10 (closest to the one synthetized in human body)
- SelenoExcell ® selenium yeast: Gold Standard Clinical Research (National Cancer Institute, USA)
- All three active ingredients received GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) status from FDA (Food and Drug Adminisztation) .
- All three active ingredients are manufactured as per GMP (Good Manufacturing Practic) standards
- Health at a Glance 2013. OECD Indicators. OECD, 2013. http://www.oecd.org/els/health-systems/Health-at-a-Glance-2013.pdf
- Health Consumer Powerhouse. Eurohealth Consumer Index 2013
- Kiss I, Tavaszy M, Farsang Cs. Pycnogenol a klinikai gyakorlatban. LAM (Lege Artis Medicinae) 21. évf.10. sz., 2011. október: 621–626.
- Coenzyme Q10. Monograph. Alternative Medicine Review 2007 vol. 12 nr. 2
- Rayman M. Selenium and human health. Lancet 2012; 379: 1256–68
- Alehagen U et al. Cardiovascular mortality and N-terminal-proBNP reduced after combined selenium and coenzyme Q10 supplementation: A 5-year prospective randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial among elderly Swedish citizens.Int J Cardiol 2013; 167(5),1860-1866
- Mortensen SA et al. The effect of coenzyme Q10 on morbidity and mortality in chronic heart failure. Results from the Q-SYMBIO study. Presented at Heart Failure Congress 2013 Final Programme Number 440.
- Clark LC et al. Effects of selenium supplementation for cancer prevention in patients with carcinoma of the skin. A randomized controlled trial. Nutritional Prevention of Cancer Study Group. JAMA 1996 Dec 25; 276(24):1957-63.
- Belcaro G. Supportive treatment with coenzyme Q10 in heart failure: The Irvine Labs Study on Heart Failure in Vascular Patients. Angeiologie Sommaire 2010;62(1):7-14.
- Belcaro G et al. Investigation of Pycnogenol in combination with coenzymeQ10 in heart failure patients (NYHA II/III). Panminerva Med 2010;52(2Suppl1):21-5.
|Dimensions||10.5 × 3.5 × 6.5 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.